You are here
Entering Grades: Troubleshooting
This article is intended for any instructors or staff who are attempting to enter grades for students.
This article will help you complete the following:
- Verify hardware/software you are using to enter grades
- Verify some common issues with entering grades
- Browser recommendations:
- For a Windows PC: Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- For a Mac: Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
- Where to find the Grades help:
- To Enter Grades go to the Teaching Tab in the MyU Portal and select the Grade Roster for the class
- All grades must be entered and saved before you can Approve them
- You may save your work and come back to it later
- The Approval Status must be set to Approved (and Saved) in order to submit grades to the Registrar
- Submitted grades post to the record overnight
If you experience problems, here are some additional troubleshooting steps:
Try clearing your cache and cookies
Avoid using the Faculty Center's tabs to navigate
Use Faculty Center in only one browser window or tab at a time
If you do not find a Grade Roster for your class,
- Ask your Department Scheduler:
- Am I listed as an instructor for the class in PeopleSoft CCS?
- Is the Grade Access Status set to 'Approved'?
- Is MY ID# entered for the class, or is it the right name but wrong ID#?
- Am I entered on the ENROLLMENT sections of the class?
- Contact the Student Records Training and Support Team (612-625-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grades support provided by the Student Records Training and Support Team: email@example.com or 612-625-2803 (8:00am - 4:00pm, M-F) *Extended hours may be available when grades are due per each semester.