You are here
Enroll in Parents Forever Online
Parents Forever™ is an educational program developed by the University of Minnesota Extension, based on research about the effects of divorce on children.
Minnesota Statute 518.157 requires judges to court order parents with contested custody and visitation issues into an approved parent education program. Parents Forever™, including the online course, is an approved program, meeting all 25 minimum standards set by the statute.
This article will help you complete the following:
- Register for Parents Forever Online
- Gain Access to the Parents Forever Online course through Moodle
- Troubleshoot enrollment and access issues
Register for Parents Forever Online
Visit the registration page for the state in which you are completing Parents Forever (see below), then follow the steps listed in the Parents Forever Registration Guide.
Note: You will need to remember the password. You may want to write it down.
Enroll in Parents Forever Online through Moodle
Once you are registered, you can access the course online through one of the following links:
Login to the course using the email address and password for the guest account you created during the registration process. If you have forgotten the password to your guest account, please contact the 24/7 Technology Helpline at 612-301-4357.
- When I try to access the course, I see a message asking for a self-enrollment key. What do I do?
- There are two steps to register. One requires that you create a guest account, and the next step is registration. If you have created your guest account and are still receiving this message, be sure that you completed the full registration process as shown in the Online Registration Instructions.
- I have paid for the course and can send you a receipt, but I still cannot access the online course.
- When logging in to Moodle, be sure to use the email address you used to create your Guest account as your Internet ID.
- If you have forgotten your password please contact the 24/7 Technology Helpline at 612-301-4357.
- If you are able to log in to Moodle, but not access the course, contact Kate Welshons (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I have paid for my course. . . what do I do next?
- I have some general questions about the Parents Forever courses. Who can I contact?
- Open a request for assistance with the Parents Forever staff.
- I am eligible for or would like to apply for a reduced fee for this course. Who do I talk to about this?
If you were unable to find a satisfactory solution to your inquiry using the information above, please contact Kate Welshons, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 612-626-3958, directly for further information.