Duo: Use the Duo Mobile App
After enrolling a mobile device to use for authentication, you have two ways to authenticate: Duo Mobile Push or Duo Mobile Passcode. If your mobile device is a smartphone, you can also authenticate by getting a phone call from Duo. Choose the method that sounds right for you:
- Duo Mobile Push lets you authenticate with the push of a button. It's the easiest form of authentication. It requires either cellular service or a WiFi connection.
- Duo Mobile Passcodes are one-time codes generated on your mobile device and can be accessed even without an internet connection or cellular service.
- Call Me is an option that works for smartphones and landlines. Duo will call the phone number you enroll, and then you will tap any key on that phone to authenticate.
Using Duo Mobile Push
- Make sure you’re signed up for a Duo account and you’ve downloaded Duo Mobile to your device.
- Log into your application with your username and password.
- On the Two-Factor Authentication prompt, select Send Me a Duo Push and press Log in.
- A push notification will be sent to your device within seconds.
- On your device, press Approve.
You should now have access to the application on your computer.
Using a Duo Mobile Passcode
- Make sure you’re signed up for a Duo account, and you’ve downloaded Duo Mobile to your device.
- On your mobile device, open the Duo Mobile App and tap the expand caret:
- The Duo Mobile App will display a numeric passcode that can be used at sign-in.
- On your computer, go to the application that you need to log into.
- If prompted, enter your internet ID and password and click Sign in.
- On the Duo authentication page, click Enter a Passcode.
- Type the passcode that appears on your mobile device in the text box on the computer screen and click Log In.
You should now have access to the application on your computer. Each time you click on the passcode key icon on your mobile device, you will receive a new passcode to use. Each code can be used once.
Note: if you accidentally delete the Duo Mobile app from your tablet or phone, you will need to repeat the steps in enrolling a mobile device.