Duo: Set Up Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your login in addition to your password. The University uses Duo Security to provide this extra layer of security. This article explains how to enroll in Duo Two-Factor Authentication.
Once you have set up Duo Two-Factor Authentication, you can use it to log into any Duo device that you have opted in to access.
- Note: If you are already using Duo to access a system on campus, and would like to opt-in to use Duo for Direct Deposit and W-2 access, see Duo: Opt In to Duo Two-Factor Protection for Direct Deposit and W-2.
Choosing whether to use a mobile phone, tablet, or landline
- Decide if you will use your mobile phone, tablet, or landline phone for logging in.
- We recommend using a mobile phone or tablet. You will need to download the free Duo Mobile app as part of the instructions below.
- For information on choosing a device, see Methods for Logging in Using Duo (part way down the page).
Setting up Duo Two-Factor Authentication
- Have your phone or tablet handy.
- Go to your Internet Account Options.
- Click Set up Duo Two-Factor Authentication. The Duo Enrollment page appears.
Important: Complete all of the following steps in one session. If you stop midway through, you will not be able to complete the enrollment process and will have to contact Technology Help.
- Click Set Up Duo.
- Click Start Setup.
- Select the type of device you are adding.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for your type of device.
- Note: If you are downloading the Duo Mobile app, look for the Duo logo: .
- Click Save if necessary.
- Click Done. You will be presented with an Enrollment Successful confirmation screen. You can simply close this window.
Note: We strongly recommend having a secondary device enabled with Duo in the event that your primary device is not available. See Add/Enroll a Device.