Drupal Lite: Create a Biography Page
The Biography content type is for making biographical pages for your site. There is a tool available for adding a list of biographies to another page.
To create a new Biography page
- Log in to your site
- Click Menu in the administration bar at the top
- Click Add Content
- Click Biography
- Complete the form (see information below about the fields)
- Click Save
- First Name
- Last Name
- General Information
- Portrait Image
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Research and Experience
- Tag. Enter tags as comma separated values. The tags will not appear on the published page, but can be used to create lists of biographies
Additional Options (right side of window)
If you want the page to appear in the navigational menu.
- Check the Provide a menu link box.
- Provide a Link Title. This will be the text that appears in the menu.
- Use the Parent selector to choose where you want the link to be. Select
if you want it to appear in the primary site navigation menu. Select any of the other pages as a parent if you want this page to appear in a secondary menu drop-down.
- Uncheck the Published box in the right sidebar if you do not want the page published.
- Check the Create new revision box if you want a new version of this page. When creating a new page, there won’t be a revision checkbox (since it’s the first version of the page). Usually, a new revision would be created if the content is being edited in the future.
The Author, Date, and Time will be automatically populated when the new content is saved.
Default URL for this content type
The names will be de-capitalized. Spaces will be hyphenated: example is a biography for Martin Van Buren will have the URL of yoursitename/people/martin-van-buren
Default Page Layout
Two column layout with the fields placed on the page as displayed below
Research and Experience