Drupal Lite 7: Create a General Page
The General Page content type is for making standard pages in your site. The General Page has a field for a banner image, which will appear at the top of the page, just below the title. If you add multiple banner images, they will be displayed as a rotating carousel.
To create a new General Page
- Log in to your site
- Click Menu in the administration bar at the top
- Click Add Content
- Click General Page
- Complete the form
- Click Save
- Title (required)
- Banner (an image that will scale to fit the width of the webpage-- 1200px wide). After adding the initial banner image, you can continue adding more images. The images will be displayed as a rotating carousel. For the best aesthetics, all of your images should be roughly the same dimensions.
- General Page Body
- Tag. Enter tags as comma separated values. The tags will not appear on the published page, but can be used to create lists of General pages
Additional Options (right side of window)
If you want the page to appear in the navigational menu.
- Check the Provide a menu link box.
- Provide a Link Title.
- Use the Parent selector to choose where you want the link to be. Select
if you want it to appear in the primary site navigation menu. Select any of the other pages as a parent if you want this page to appear in a secondary menu drop-down.
This option will be available to users with the Site Owner role. For people with the Contributor role, content is automatically published.
- Uncheck the Published box in the right sidebar if you do not want the page published.
- Check the Create new revision box if you want a new version of this page. When creating a new page, there is no utility with this tool. Usually, a new revision would be created if the content is being edited in the future.
The Author, Date, and Time will be automatically populated when the new content is saved.
Default URL for this content type
The URL for General pages will be based on the Title field. The Title will be de-capitalized, spaces will be hyphenated, and small common words will be removed. For example, if a General page has a title of “A Place to Land”, the URL would be: <
Default Page Layout
- Header area (for banner image)
- Wide left column (for body text)
- Narrow right column (empty)