Downloads and Guides: Install AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X
Follow the instructions below to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for Mac. If you are looking for instructions on installing AnyConnect VPN on a Windows machine, see Installation requires that you have local administrator access. If you need admin rights on a University-owned machine, contact Technology Help. To connect to Cisco AnyConnect follow the instructions in Connect to AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X(KB0017060).
Installing Cisco AnyConnect for Mac OS X
- Click on the Download button under the AnyConnect for Mac OS X (Recommended) section on the Downloads & Guides page.
- Enter your Internet ID and password, if prompted.
- Find and open the anyconnect-mac-[version]-repack-signed.pkg installer package in your Downloads folder.
- Follow the steps in the UMN Cisco AnyConnect Installer until the installation is complete.
Prepare for Cisco AnyConnect Installation with Parallels
NOTE: The implementation of the kernel extensions used for tunnel drivers may be incompatible with the Cisco AnyConnect client. Before installation it may be necessary to unload the kernel extensions tap.kext and tun.kext in a terminal window.
Attempt to install Cisco AnyConnect without Terminal interaction first, and resort to the following steps if unsuccessful:
- Open a command line shell. The shell may be bash, sh, csh, or whatever you prefer.
- Use Terminal in Mac OS X: Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter the following commands after the prompt symbol ($) to unload the kernel extensions:
- sudokextunload⁄Library⁄Extsions⁄tun.kext [Enter]
- sudokextunload⁄Library⁄Extensions⁄tap.kext [Enter]
- Exit the Terminal window and begin the VPN installation process.
The Cisco AnyConnect program will now be visible in Finder>Applications>Cisco.
If needed, the supporting files for the package will be located in Macintosh HD>opt>cisco>vpn>profile.
For information on advanced instructions for Cisco AnyConnect VPN troubleshooting, including file system paths, command line access, and troubleshooting and log information, see KB0017061.