Training & Events
Excel: Clean up Enterprise Data
[3-hours, hands-on, Windows only] In this course, participants will learn to efficiently prepare data for analysis using common functions, commands, and techniques to clean up datasets in Excel. We will work with a variety of HR, Financial and Student data spreadsheets extracted directly from the University of Minnesota Reporting Center. This course was developed from use-cases identified by the Analytics and Data Integration FCoP.
We strongly recommend you review Excel: Creating Basic Spreadsheets, or have equivalent knowledge, before taking this class. Our three Excel classes are designed to complement one another but do not have to be completed as a series.
- Fixing date, time and number formatting issues
- Checking for and removing duplicate records
- Removing unwanted characters
- Adjusting row and column placement
- Combining data from different columns
- Splitting data into several columns