Training & Events
Canvas: Make Design & Navigation Decisions (Discover Canvas Series)
[4-hours, online and self-paced] Become familiar with the Canvas interface, learn about Canvas design considerations that make courses easier for students to use and navigate, and plan your own course design. This is the first of three courses in the Discover Canvas Series.
This blended workshop will take place over 4-days. Participants should expect to spend at least one hour per day completing online activities in addition to attending an optional 1-hour online session in WebEx. The schedule for the workshop is:
- Day 1 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 2 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 3 - Meet online via WebEx
- Please be sure to have all modules from day 1 and 2 done before our online session on day 3.
- Day 4 - Finish online modules and engage in final assessment
- Understand Global and Course Navigation
- Use the Calendar Tool
- Find Canvas Help & Resources
- Use the Rich Content Editor for Accessible Content
- Understand Features Options
- Make Canvas Design Decisions
- Use the Canvas Student App
- Organize your Course Content
- Display your Syllabus
- Select a Home Page
- Set the Course Navigation Menu for Students
- Understand Tool Interconnectivity
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for any faculty, staff and TAs who will be building Canvas course sites.