Training & Events
Canvas: Create Content & Assessments (Discover Canvas Series)
[4-hours, online and self-paced] Gain experience creating course content, including pages, quizzes, forums, and assignments, and learn to organize and deliver course content through Canvas modules. This is the second of three courses in the Discover Canvas Series.
This blended workshop will take place over 4-days. Participants should expect to spend at least one hour per day completing online activities in addition to attending an optional 1-hour online session in WebEx. The schedule for the workshop is:
- Day 1 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 2 - Online modules in Canvas course site
- Day 3 - Meet online via WebEx
- Please be sure to have all modules from day 1 and 2 done before our online session on day 3.
- Day 4 - Finish online modules and engage in final assessment
- Create Pages
- Build Modules
- Use Library Course Pages
- Make Content Accessible
- Apply Templates
- Create Assessments
- Build a Rubric
- Setup Extra Credit
- Use Peer Review
- Create a Quiz
- Create A Question Bank
- Build a Discussion
- Organize Assessments
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for any faculty, staff and TAs who will be building Canvas course sites.