Training & Events
Canvas: Begin with Design & Navigation Decisions (Discover Canvas Series Part 1)
[4-hours across 4 days, online] Become familiar with the Canvas interface, learn about Canvas design considerations that make courses easier for students to use and navigate, and plan your own course design. This is the first of three courses in the Discover Canvas Series.
This blended workshop will take place over 4-days. Participants should expect to spend at least one hour per day completing online activities and engaging with instructor and peer feedback.
- Understand Global and Course Navigation
- Use the Calendar Tool
- Find Canvas Help & Resources
- Use the Rich Content Editor for Accessible Content
- Understand Features Options
- Make Canvas Design Decisions
- Use the Canvas Student App
- Organize your Course Content
- Display your Syllabus
- Select a Home Page
- Set the Course Navigation Menu for Students
- Understand Tool Interconnectivity
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for any faculty, staff and TAs who will be building Canvas course sites.