Compare Authentication Options
There are many situations that warrant the use of an authentication service. Two such examples:
- As a researcher or staff member who is developing a web application, I need control over who has access to it.
- As a staff member, I want to integrate an off-the-shelf program or cloud-based software for those in my department to use. I need to provide easy access to this tool for people within my department.
Leverage our existing authentication infrastructure by choosing which authentication tool will work best for your situation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options and find a solution that works best for your situation.
Off-the-shelf and cloud-based software often have built-in support for one of these authentication methods. Look for these options in the product’s documentation or feature list.
Common features throughout all authentication options:
- Security of authentication is excellent
- Password management is handled by the University of Minnesota
- Multiple and robust servers make for a stable system (i.e. we don’t go down)
- DUO can be paired with all of these to get two-factor identification