Moodle will continue to operate as usual througout the transition; however, all course sites starting in fall of 2019 will be required to use Canvas.
If you are considering teaching using Canvas, get in touch with your unit or campus contact to understand your options, support, and timing.
- Consultations with units and workshops begin.
- Preparation for fall and system integrations continue.
- Canvas development sites available for exploration purposes (development sites may not be used for instruction). Existing pilot participants can continue using Canvas. A development site can easily transfer to the production version of Canvas when available.
- Moodle 3.2 remains UMN primary production LMS.
- Early adopters can teach using Canvas. Campuses and units are working to identify courses that are good candidates to use Canvas this fall. If you want to be an early adopter, get in touch with your unit or campus contact.
Fall 2017–Summer 2019
- Moving to Canvas. It is recommended that users align their transition with with the timing of their collegiate units transition plan.
- Moodle courses moved to archive status
- All courses using a centrally supported LMS must use Canvas