Help and Support
Moving from Moodle towards the adoption of Canvas
Canvas Questions and Transition Support
- For questions regarding your specific college or campus transition plan and support, reach out to your transition contact.
- For help within Canvas related to technical issues or course site questions, Canvas offers live 24/7 phone and chat support. To access these resources, click on the question mark icon located on the bottom left corner of the Canvas dashboard.
- For general inquiries or questions contact the UMN Canvas Transition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Resources for Faculty
- UMN Canvas Learning Center
- Getting started - UMN quick guide
- Migrate a course from Moodle to Canvas
- Import course content from Canvas to Canvas
- How do Moodle resources and activities transition into Canvas?
- Faculty Guide: Written guide with step-by-step instructions for Canvas tools
Create and Organize Content
- Create and organize content self-help guide
- How do I add library resources to Canvas?
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I create a new page in a course?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
Assess, Grade, and Monitor Student Work
- Assess and grade student work self-help guide
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I create an assignment shell in an assignment group?
- What quiz types can I create in a course?
- How do I create a quiz with individual questions?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?