Canvas Transition Information: Help Resources
Sign-up to receive UMN Canvas news and updates.
Who to contact for Canvas questions and transition support:
For questions regarding your specific college or campus transition plan and support, reach out to your transition contact.
For help within Canvas related to technical issues or course site questions, Canvas offers live 24/7 phone and chat support. To access these resources, click on the question mark icon located on the bottom left corner of the Canvas dashboard.
For general inquiries or questions contact the UMN Canvas Transition Team at email@example.com.
Help Resources for Faculty
- UMN Canvas Learning Center
- Transitioning UMN Moodle course sites to Canvas
- How do Moodle resouces and activites transition into Canvas?
- Faculty Guide: Written guide with step-by-step instructions for Canvas tools
Add Course Content
- How do I add library resources to Canvas?
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I create a new page in a course?
- How do I add a module?
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I create an assignment shell in an assignment group?
- What quiz types can I create in a course?
- How do I create a quiz with individual questions?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?