Canvas Release Notes for October 6, 2018
User Summaries – See how the release impacts your role (Admin/Instructor/Student)
Updated Features for Admins
Anonymous Instructor Annotations Feature Options
- Enables the Anonymous Instructor Annotations option for instructors who want to create anonymous annotations in their course assignments.
Moderate Grade Permission Removal
- The Grades - Moderate permission has been removed from Canvas. To allow users to moderate grades, use the Grades - Select Final Grades for Moderation permission.
Updated Features for Instructors
List View Dashboard Dismissed Alerts
- In the List View Dashboard, students can view the Alerts Menu and view new opportunities and dismissed opportunities.
List View Dashboard Peer Review Items
- Peer Review assignments are included as to-do items in the List View Dashboard.
- DocViewer supports manual image and document rotation. Files that are viewable in DocViewer can be manually rotated in DocViewer using the Rotation button. Rotation is available on a per-page basis in documents with multiple pages.
Non-Scoring Rubrics Feature Option Enforcement
- The Non-Scoring Rubrics feature option has been enabled for all Canvas institutions and applies to all users.
Right-to-Left Language Support Enforcement
- Enables any supported language with right-to-left functionality automatically and affects all navigational elements and text components in Canvas.
Restrict Student Results Option
- Instructors can enable the Restrict student result view option in Delivery Settings. When the Restrict student result view option is enabled, students cannot view the assessment results page, which includes their answer choices, feedback, and scores.
Updated Features for Students
Student Learning Mastery Gradebook Unassessed Aligned Outcome Items
- For courses that have enabled the Student Learning Mastery Gradebook, students can open an outcome and view all items aligned with the outcome.