Box: Install or Uninstall Box Sync
Installing Box Sync
Install Box Sync for the appropriate Operating System (Windows, Mac) from the Box App page.
Using Box Sync
Once Box Sync 4.0 is installed, begin syncing your files and folders. To sync a folder from the Box website, follow this procedure:
- Click the More Options dropdown arrow for the required item.
- Select Sync Folder to Computer.
- Click the Sync Folder button to begin syncing this item to your computer.
Once a folder is synced in the Box website, you can add other files and folders to your local Box Sync folder and those additions are automatically synced back to the Box website.
Uninstalling Box Sync
Before uninstalling Box Sync, please be sure to quit the application from the menu in the taskbar.
Please note: Following the below steps will delete content contained in the Box Sync folder. If you have content you would like backed up, consider copying the contents within Box Sync and saving them elsewhere on your hard drive.
- Uninstall Box Sync from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Note: in Windows 10, you must use "Programs and Features" to uninstall Box Sync. You cannot uninstall Box Sync from "Apps & Features".
- Delete the following folders (note that AppData is hidden by default):
- C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Box Sync\
- C:\Users\[username]\Box Sync\
- For users on Mac OS X 10.10+, open System Preferences > Extensions. Click Finder in the left-hand panel and unselect Box Sync Finder Extension.
- Delete Box Sync from your Applications folder.
- Delete the following folders and files:
- Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Box/Box Sync/
- Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Box Sync/
- Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Box/Box Sync/
- Macintosh HD/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.box.sync.bootstrapper
- Macintosh HD/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.box.sync.iconhelper
- Delete the Box Sync password items in Keychain. Open Keychain Access from Applications > Utilities. Click on login under Keychains in the top left. Then click on Passwordsunder Category. Find the Box Sync items and select Delete "Box Sync" in the right-click menu.
Manually Updating Box Sync