AppsToGo: Known Issues
This resource communicates known issues with using AppsToGo and directs you where to report new issues.
Issues Occurring After the Upgrade on December 28, 2017
Not able to log in via a Web browser
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) since the upgrade took place on 12/28/2017, the solution is to clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Log in does not work at all.
- Log in is successful but return a blank page.
Not able to log in via Citrix Receiver
If you are having problems accessing AppsToGo via Citrix Receiver since the upgrade took place on 12/28/2017, the solution is to either use a web browser to access AppsToGo or reconfigure Citrix Receiver.
- Users receives the error: “Cannot connect to the server. The account does not contain a valid store configuration.”
- Use a web browser to access AppsToGo (https://apps.umn.edu).
- Reconfigure Citrix Receiver
- Un-install and re-install Citrix Receiver
Chrome Web Browser Issues
- There is a known issue where Chrome downloads a session file with an .ica extension. There are two workarounds:
- Right-click or control-click on the session file and associate it with Citrix Receiver (which you should have already installed on your device - See AppsToGo: Supported Web Browsers).
- You can try downloading the Citrix Receiver Chrome App which is available on the Chrome Web Store, but results may vary.
- If you are prompted to trust an unknown security certificate, please do so and let us know.
Pop-Up Messages (common with Firefox and Chrome)
- Upon logging in to AppsToGo: Allow, Always Allow, Trust, Accept or Enable any pop-ups that may appear in your browser.
Network connectivity, slowness, or lagging
- Your web browser may show that you have been disconnected from AppsToGo. This message is only because the web browser logs out of the AppsToGo sign-in portal after the browser has been inactive for a while. This is normal and does not affect your active use of an AppsToGo app. You may safely ignore the web browser disconnection message.
AppsToGo may be used outside of the U of MN campus data network, but results may vary.
If you have issues using AppsToGo, please call 1-HELP (612-301-4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.