Awareness and Education Topics
This section provides information about current topics related to information security, securing computers and other electronic devices, or securing private data at the University of Minnesota.
- Authentication (Password, Passphrases, or Other Strong Authentication)
- Password Tips
- Password Information for System Administrators (for supporting user accounts and design/implementation of systems/applications)
Servers, Computers, & Other Electronic Devices
- Anti-Virus Protection
- Critical Server Identification
- Critical Server Scan Process See Technical Vulnerability Management--IT Professional standard for current requirements.
- Encrypting Stored Data
- Guidelines for Use of Smart Phones for University Business
- High-Risk Applications to Patch
- Information Technology Support
- Physical Security for Servers
- Printers, Copiers, and Multi-function Devices
- Secure Data Deletion See Media Sanitization standard for current requirements.
- Security Patches
- University Network Operational Continuity