Request Departmental Space

  1. Requests for space should be made to
  2. We will determine what college equivalent unit the request is part of.
  3. If that unit has space already, we refer the request to the administrator of the space for the college level unit.
  4. If not, we send the requester a space request form, which has to be approved by someone at the college unit level (dean, IT director, etc).
  5. When we get the form back, we create a new root folder in NetFiles for that college level unit, /oit for example, and make the person(s) designated on the form the administrator of that space.
  6. That person with administrative rights can then create folders within that folder and set the appropriate permissions and quotas on the subfolders.