The logging feature keeps a record of who accesses your files and when they do so. Logging is on for all files in NetFiles and cannot be turned off by users. The logs are kept for 120 days.
When an action is performed against a file, an entry is added to the log history including:
- The user who performed the action
- The type of action performed
- The date and time the action occurred
- The IP Address of the machine from where the action occurred
Actions include but are not limited to users viewing or editing the file, permissions changes, and adding, editing or deleting file comments.
NOTE: a logging history can only be applied to files, not to folders.
- Select the file
- Click the Manage icon in line with the file for which you want to view logging information.
- Click the Logging link.
- To return to your file listing, click Exit