Start of Semester Checklist
- If you are new to Moodle, review information on editing and building instructions
on the Instructor Guides page.
- Questions on setting up your site should be directed to the Moodle Support
team by filling out the Moodle Help Request Form.
- For a face-to-face consultation, make a Moodle Tutoring appointment through TechStop.
Inform Students that your Moodle Site is Available
You may want to contact your students and let them know that your site is available and where they can find help in accessing the site.
- Contact participants (Get a list of registered students' email addresses).
- Send information on accessing Moodle sites.
- Link to the Student Orientation Video.
- Let students know they can can find help in the Student Guides or contact the Moodle Support team by filling out the Moodle Help Request Form
Consider Changing your Gradebook to Aggregate Only Non-Empty Grades
Students will see their grade for your course in the My Grades block, which appears on the Moodle home page. Using Aggregate Only Non-Empty Grades will provide your students with an accurate calculation of their grade throughout the semester.